A Message from the Elders . . .
CHOOSING A CHURCH HOME
Finding and keeping a church home is one of the most important decisions of life that we make. Where we worship, build a personal relationship with Christ, study and fellowship, are key components to this decision. Yet many are confused and discouraged about what they see as churches seek to build its membership by offering a variety of activities, minimize God's Word and even change their belief to gain members. Now let's look at some things to keep in mind when looking for a church.
1) Look for a church you can find in the Bible (Romans 16:16).
2) Look for a church that is committed to preaching and teaching just what the Bible says. This church will do everything possible to follow Jesus and do what He says. The Apostle Paul wrote, "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him". (Colossians 3:17). Where the scriptures is held up as the standard, encouraging its members to conform their lives and practices to what it written in the Bible.
3) Look for a church that has a clear understanding of its mission, goals and plans and what they are doing to meet them. The church's mission is to seek and save the lost. This was the mission of Jesus, (Luke 19:10).
4) Look for a church to meet where the gospel is preached (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
5) Look for a church that teaches God's plan of salvation. Does this church emphasize the grace of God in providing salvation for mankind (Ephesians 2:8-10 and Titus 2:11-14)? Do they teach God's plan of salvation? Does this church stress the need for believe (John 8:24), repentance (Acts 2:38 & Luke 13:3), confession (Romans 10:10), and baptism (Acts 22:16)?
6) Look for a church that's training its people to live according to God's will (2 Timothy 2:15; 3:10-17).
7) Look for a church where you can share in a sense of family and see an atmosphere of love, warmth, love for God and one another (Acts 2:44-17).
What are you looking for in the right church? Look for one that loves God, keeps His commandments and love one another. Our mission is to do the will of God and follow all that He says. Let us continue to examine our practices in light of God's Word and love.